Help Me Fight Back and Launch This Party.

 I am about to take a giant leap of courage against tyranny, oppression and communism.  What I will say here is extremely embarrassing for me to share.  Also, my policy from here on in will be "100% transparency" regarding my sorted past, major mistakes made, a few laws broken and addiction issues.  This could be the end of my plans to launch a new type of political party.  Upon sharing my past major mistakes, I realize that this act alone could turn good people against me and instantly render me incapable of being involved with any political party, let alone to starting our own.  I also must say that I will never blame anyone for rushing to judgement on me.  This is simply because that is the way all us Canadians have been trained over and over again to think and react.  I too have judged others and I am absolutely ashamed of that!

Having said all this, I can also tell you that my honesty and transparency and courage to try to turn dreams into reality will certainly prove my points that, I do not expect a do this and take all the credit.  This experiment if you will, will not just be my Cree Indigenous wife and I alone attempting to launch and then operate this party, but it is meant to include all good meaning/hearted Canadians.  

Enough is enough and it is time for an actual, honest and powerful movement in this wonderous country of ours.  As my wife say's over and over again, "what a farce!"  We all do but we all think that making all the change needed is impossible.  Ofcourse we think that.  Unless you are part of the "controllers" organizations, you too probably feel that starting a new honest and true Canadian 
Political party is impossible.  I did too, I "did" is the word!  Time and time again, over centuries, we have bought and died for their lies!  As David Wilcock say's, we don't have to continue down their paths to destruction of all that is good!   Think about all the beautiful Canadian (and American and Global) boys and girls that have rushed to fight tyranny!   Think about the massive expanse of lies, controls, murders, mass murders and pain, illness and lifelong struggle we have all experienced in some form.  

Now, 90-95% of Canadians and indeed Global citizens will rush to judge me insane, manic, and or bi polar and on and on.  I have lived with ADHD all my life, the first forty years of my life with no knowledge that I had it!  Actually, I have lived my entire life as an adult suffering from anxiety issues, extreme low self esteem and generally endless discomfort in my own skin.  Still I have been the luckiest boy, teen and man alive.  I was adopted as a baby into the most wonderful, loving, caring, sharing and unconditionally loving parents anyone could ever dream of.  I have also be blessed even more with literally Dozens of friends around the world, but, mostly from Ottawa and Toronto where I grew up.   Each one of my friends gave and gave and gave their time, their love, their money, their personal time and space and even their professional time and work to me.   I am in the midst of writing about all my friends but, as you can imagine, it is a massive project.  I hurt many of my friends during my peak years of addiction over 25 years back.   I have been struggling so hard to change, to grow and to launch businesses without their help, to show them that all their love, money, friendship and fellowship was not a total waste of their time, energy and money.  I have deeply hurt them all, I have deeply hurt my Mom, Dad, Sister and Brother with my past behaviours.  However, even through this nightmare from the criminal family one floor above us, I have never been happier, I have never been more confident, I have never been more physically and mentally strong!  I have risen above everything.  I am not finished.  I have far to go but I shall Never Quit or Give Up!   My wife and I have a business that we have slowly (far too slowly) developed over the past decade.   Back 20 years ago, I lost my production business, my vehicle, most of my friends and even my family for a while.  I destroyed all my contacts in my growing career.  I quit acting.  I was a promising stage, television and feature film as well as commercial, music video and corporate/documentary film actor.  I become a producer.  I became a writer.  I learned all aspects of media, marketing and more.  Right before I destroyed everything in my life, I was Mayor appointed to the Arts Board and additional portfolio's.  After a decade of applying for funding and receive some, I was deciding for other applicants with a twelve member board.  I was invited to start a print publication for a national marketing organization, now the biggest in Canada.   I was given further contracts.  I wrote and produced and received funding for documentaries for television about Elder Abuse that were broadcast on television.  I wrote and produced a documentary about Prostate Cancer.   Everything was looking great for our production company in Toronto and Ottawa.   I was hired as an associate producer on bigger productions.  I consulted, worked as an Assitant Director and much more.   Then my addictions caught up with me and I was suddenly rushed to the hospital with an almost completely destroyed pancreas.  I was within minutes of dying.  I was in the hospital for over a month!  I was released from hospital but, I was told that if I took another alcohol drink that I could die.  I then switched to far more powerful drugs, then my life fell to rock bottom.   

I burned every bridge back then but, with help from some friends, I started to try to complete my prostate cancer documentary that was completed filming.  A CBC producer pushed to buy my documentary because she witnessed me editing in a large production facility.  Time went on and I completed a first (offline edit) cut.  It was amazing.  I was blessed to pull together a dozen men suffering with prostate cancer.  Most were dying but they went along with my project.  I ran out of money and the production company kept my offline edit of the prostate cancer documentary.   then I took the footage home to a small apartment my parents helped me rent but I fell back into my addictions.  The landlord told me to leave because I was three days late with rent.  I agreed and stupidly asked her to hold onto my eight boxes of Beta cam SP tapes of my documentary.  I was on the streets.  I met my current wife and slowly with my parents help we were able to get off the streets because we were both almost murdered on our sleep in a park at night.  At the same time their were multiple murders of homeless people in downtown Toronto.  A maniac was hacking people to death as they lay sleeping in their sleeping bags.  We were lucky, the maniac who tried in vane to murder us only used concrete with rebar attached to it.  My teeth were broken in half like cheese.  During the attack I somehow covered my wife by laying on top of her.  When I awoke, my wife screamed because I was all bloodied.   We went to the hospital but were too afraid to talk to police for fear of being arrested for some reason.

Two years later, my wife and I walked back to my old apartment to see Linda, the landlord.   There was a new Super and she told me that Linda took my tapes with her after she had a massive stroke but noone new how to get hold of her.  I called the production company about my almost finished prostate cancer documentary but I was told they sold that part of the company and there was no such edited documentary.  I was completely devistated.  I turned my attentions to a hot air balloon documentary for kids I filmed and produced fifteen years before at the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival across the Ottawa river.  It was epic work.  Then I was given another grant from the NCC in Ottawa at the time.  We were excited to start over again.  We were contacted by a filmmaker in New York Island who wanted the tapes to help us finish the film called Sky Candy Kidz.  We sent the tapes and naively and excitedly waited for the couriered finished film he promised.   It never came!  He did email a 60 second promo but stold all the rest.  That was it, I quite for good!

Here we are, after a decade of struggling with a marketing business.  We entered ecommerce development, print ad design and more.  Then we were the first in Toronto or even Ontario to launch an independent QR Code Shop.  We experienced some success, but limited. Although my parents helped with endless amounts of investments, it was not enough to make a real go of it all.  This was over five years ago when noone knew or cared about QR Codes!  Well, today it is far different story.  We landed a contract a month for ecommerce, facebook ads, print flyers and more.  The contracts were only worth a few hundred dollars to five hundred dollars at a time, but it kept us eating, dreaming, growing and it kept slowly building our self esteem.  

About fifteen years ago, I had a dream that I told my wife about.  I dreampt that we had a big tv screen mounted on our apt wall, in the living room.   In this dream, it was morning and we sat to drink our coffee.  Also in the dream, we were celebrating and laughing watching a map with tiny circles on it.  We watched the screen with the map full screen and we were focussed on these little circles that glowed from orange to blue to green.  The orange circles represented someone on their mobile phone somehow, someway thinking about buying a product we were selling!  When the circle suddenly changed to blue, that meant the shopper with their flip phone, was close to completing some type of financial transaction.  What?  You must be thinking "Come on Gordon, fifteen years ago there were absolutely NO such mobile phones, there were only "Flip Phones."  I agree, because one of our hot air balloon documentary sponsors was Motorola.   They had a gigantic Flip Phone shaped hot air balloon!  Anyhow, remember it was a dream afterall.  To wrap this up, when the circle changed from orange to green it meant that the shopper with the mobile phone had actually completed a purchase!  What? How?  Good question!

So here we are, I had learned how to set up Shopify stores from scratch and began a partner making them for small shops, artists and performers.  Then came qr code shops.  Then came mobile apps.  Then came my wife's concept for a marketing business that made what she called "PEPP" promotional items for purely neighbourhood businesses, artists, charities and performers.  PEPP stands for print, electronic, people and proximity promotions.   People liked her concept.   One of our specialties was making low budget but exhilarating professional short videos for small shops.  Orders came in.  Then my parents told us that we needed to either get this business of ours off the ground and into a full time career or get full time jobs.  We agreed!  So we worked for two years writing business plan after business plan and finally, our latest plan for a marketing, qr code shop, ecommerce and creative peoples agency business model got the nod for funding!  However, the funders told us our 78 page business plan was far too long, even though 45 pages of it were very detailed and well thought out budget projections showing many revenue streams that our business model, once properly funded would generate.   The funders half agreed and promised that when we shorten the plan by 60 pages, we would receive funding.  This was last year, early December 2019.  We went home to spend Christmas with my family in Ottawa.  My parents invited us by paying for our return train tickets.  It was also because my brother (who used to be my sister) also came back home from Australia for his first visit in more than 25 years!  It would be the first time I would see my sister as my brother.  He was so touched by my first words after seeing him at my parents for the first time.  I uttered "Wow, this looks really great on you, this is who you have always been."  We spent only a few days there but it was heaven on earth.  My parents have been going through there own hell on earth suffering through cancers and kidney failure.  My Mother had to endure yet a second major cancer surgery.  Thank God for my cousin Dan Greenberg.  Dan just adores my parents.  Danny and his Mother Shirley donated many millions of dollars to open a Cancer Centre in Ottawa. This is where they saved my Mother life over and over.   The last time, back in September 2020 after having to perform a double mastectomy.  My father is growing less and less like his old self.  I am grateful he still drives himself to the hospital in downtown Ottawa, three times a week to get his kidney dialysis.  

There it is, in a nutshell, part of my background story.  I admit it is missing much of my worst behaviours but I can assure you that my criminal career involed theft under $5,000 where I was imprisoned for one to three month stretches for stealing eggs, break, milk, cd's and DVD's to sell for my addictions.  So can you imagine a man like myself, with my so very well respected Mother and Father.  I myself attended a two year Law Enforcement program at Algonquin College, the first and best of its kind in Canada when I attended way back in 1982.  I also worked security as a guard in dozens of malls, grocery stores, construction sites, hotels and more.  I even worked for K-Mart as a loss prevention officer arresting poor people who needed food, supplies and money for addictions.   Needless to say, I hated every single arrest I ever made!  I then moved to Toronto in 1986 to attempt a film and television acting career.  I was lucky to find work as in-house security at the infamous King Edward Hotel.  I liked it.

Finally, a year later I landed my second union theatre acting role at Theatre Passe Meurille backspace.  I was a costar with another beginning actor named   who is now an almost legendary Canadian film, tv and theatre actor and director.   I did do several union plays at the NAC in Ottawa and the GCTC in Ottawa.  In one play, I played five roles and received excellent reviews.  Around that same time I landed the role of a WW1 hero in the infamous Valour Road Historica Minutes.  Today this day I still receive the odd recognition and comment online.    I was also lucky to land small speaking roles in major motion pictures, music videos, commercials, major tv series like Top Cops, Missing Treasures, Street Legal and More.  I was in 11 of 13 episodes of a national television series titled Denim Blues, which at the time was to be more popular than Degrassi high?  It wasn't renewed for a second season.

So, here we are with our business plan.   Part of that plan is a digital out of home advertising network.  There is also a print verison.  Titled TLC and TLCtv which stands for Totally Local Classifieds, is ready and we are about to sign contracts to place our screens in local storefront windows and inside local shops and establishments.  Included ofcourse are the smartphone viewers, online social media viewers and much more.  We have built the network ourselves on a rented server.  This is a neighbourhood by neighbourhood DOOH ad network for independent small businesses, artists, performers, charities and entrepreneurs.  We write, shoot and edit ads for our network for low prices as usual.   The overall business is called CREATIVABILITIES.  Advertising clients and those who wish to work for our network must be members of our Creativabilities organization which will soon become an official cooperative this year. 

We plan on launching this network across Toronto and then on Ontario indigenous reserves, like my wifes own parents reserve 14 hours into the middle of northern Ontario.  Our plan is neighbourhood by neighbourhood, reserve by reserve and then city by city and so on.  Looks like my dream was actually a vision of the future.  Cross you fingers for us.

Finally, this is why we think that a social experiment in launching a completely for the people by the people political party could actually come into reality, and maybe even sooner than later?

Thanks for reading again.

Humanity Party of Canada

Gordon Welke

Leona Sackaney








Comments